Procedures for School Events or “9 Special Event Days”
- Schools may provide any snack or beverage deemed appropriate by school officials on nine (9) days during the school year.
- The nine (9) days apply to the entire school (LEA/Building) and not to individual classrooms.
- The “Special Event Days” should be planned in advance. If a “Special Event Day” is likely to impact the number of students eating breakfast or lunch, notify the school’s cafeteria manager so the number of meals produced may be adjusted.
- Enter the “Event Day” into the eSchool Calendar. The description is “Act1220 Exempt Event Days”, and the code is “9DY.”
- Per Arkansas Food Code, items brought from home must be commercially prepared and packaged.
- These items may not be given in the food service areas during meal service.
May 27 (or the last day of school if date changes)